Monday, November 10, 2008

Bienvenidos!

Welcome to my blog! For those of you who don't know, I will be spending the 2009 calendar year in Costa Rica as a volunteer teacher with WorldTeach, an NGO based out of the Center for International Development at Harvard University. Many aspects of my placement are not final yet but here's what I know so far:

  • I leave January 7th for a month of orientation in Orosi.
  • In February I will move to my placement site (still unknown) and live with a host family for the duration of the year.
  • I'll return to the US sometime in mid-December.
  • I will be teaching 1st-6th grade English in a public school that would not otherwise have an English teacher. (The Ministry of Education has introduced English instruction in the schools, as it is essential for a country whose economy is based so strongly on tourism.)

I'm not sure how often I will have internet but I am going to try to post at least once every 2 weeks, as well as a few more times before I leave. Check back soon!

8 comments:

  1. Looks great, Kelsey...Love, Dad

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kelsey,
    I look forward to you being gone for a year.
    Love, your favorite brother.
    Scott

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hopefully you'll be able to update frequently
    for us.....Miss you already!
    Love
    Mom

    ReplyDelete
  4. KELS. Great blog!
    I miss you already...which makes sense because I havent seen you since May....you better give me a call before you leave on your adventure! Love you lots:)
    -Hermione Granger

    ReplyDelete
  5. Kelsey...You are going to have an experience of a lifetime. Your quote says it all!
    Buena suerte y muchos abrazos ~
    Diane H.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dear Kelsey,
    You are one in a million! Your adventurous and loving spirit is very inspiring. Your students will be very fortunate to have Senorita Davis as their teacher. I will look forward to your updates.
    May God Bless you!
    Love and Prayers
    Janine Henry

    ReplyDelete
  7. Uncle Joe and I can't wait to receive our first flip video!!! We hope you have the adventure of a lifetime.
    Love you--
    Aunt Laura and Uncle Joe

    ReplyDelete
  8. One more day and then your off to Costa Rica.
    I have been thinking of you and will continue to keep you in my thoughts and prayers.
    Have fun!
    Love,
    Janine Henry

    ReplyDelete