Saturday, February 28, 2009

My kiddos!

The second week was much less exciting than the first. I'm really enjoying my classes but the ever changing schedule is kind of frustrating. This is what my day is supposed to look like:

7-8 am 2nd grade


8-8:40 5th and 6th grade


They lined themselves up by height on their own. The girl on the right, Maria Fernanda, is a good two inches taller than me....which was pretty unexpected since at only 5 foot 4, I am normally taller than everyone I meet, including the men!



8:40-9 Recreo (recess)




9-9:20 Kinder








9:30-10:15 1st grade







10:15-11 Lunch




11-12 4th grade



12-1 3rd grade






But out of the 10 days I've taught, I've only had one day work this way! Sometimes the teachers decide to send the kids to recreo early, after I've only had 20 min to teach. Other times, I have the kids for an hour and 15 min because they have finished their work in their other classes. I'm trying to just go with the flow but I did have to ask the school cook to not vaccuum under my student's feet while I'm trying to have class. I'm hoping to have pictures of my little corner of the cafeteria next week but for now, I posted new pictures on the photo/video site. There are a few of the week with Un Techo para Mi Pais that I shamelessly stole from another volunteer too! I finally have a fast enough internet connection to post videos so there are two videos up as well. Enjoy!


2 comments:

  1. I can't imagine living in all that mud..even for a short time!! The houses you built look amazing. What a wonderful thing you have done for your new friends. YOU ROCK!!

    Love the pictures and videos. Way cool.

    Love you!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kelsey! I miss you! Your students look so cute and innocent...it's nice that you have such small groups! :) I wish that I could be there with you dyad!

    ReplyDelete