



We had cafecito with my Costa Rican family.


We toured a coffee plantation.

We sat around in the Tabacon Hot Springs. (All the steam does not make for a good picture.)

We saw the Arenal Volcano erupt! (No one was ready with a camera though, so here is a non-erupting picture.)

We went to a cheese factory in Monteverde.

We got pampered at a resort in Guanacaste.
And of course, we did the Adventure Canopy Tour in Monteverde.

On one of the ziplines, you have to go in pairs in order to have enough weight to make it all the way...I was paired with a guy from London who probably weighed the same as me. So during our pretty awkward zipline (the person in back-him, has to wrap their legs around the person in front-me) we got stuck. This is the rescue in progress:

The crowning jewel of the tour was the Tarzan swing. Here's the video of my jump...you might want to turn down your speakers, I do scream.
Even better than my jump, was when my 64 year old father did it and had all the 20 somethings from England that we were with yelling, "Go old man!" Sadly, I only caught the end of it.
When it was time for my family to go home, I still had another week of vacation. Some of the other volunteers and I went to Bocas del Toro, Panama. I'm saving that for my next entry...but be sure to check the photo/video site for more pictures of my time with my family.
Way to go Kelsey, that Tarzan jump was hard on an old man!...Love, Dad
ReplyDeleteHey Kelsey!! We were finally able to log onto your blog and have spent over an hour catching up with all your news. I'm so grateful to be able to see (& hear) what you have been up to. The Tarzan jump looks like so much fun. Uncle Joe and I loved all the pictures and stories. I can't believe you are in the homestretch...your mom can hardly wait for December!!!
ReplyDeleteWe love you and miss you tons!!
Aunt Laura