A week from tomorrow, I'll be on a plane headed home. I'm ready to go home, but at the same time I'm really going to miss my host family and Costa Rica in general. In case you missed something, here's a recap:
# of plates of rice and beans eaten: about 700
# of umbrellas lost: 3
# of times Yami has told me I need a boyfriend: 89
# of trips to the internet cafe: about 100
# of other countries visited: 2 (Nicaragua and Panama)
# of beaches visited: 5
# of emotional breakdowns: only 1!
# of illnesses: 5
# of 5 day work weeks: 7
# of hours of Spanish classes completed: 90
# of total days I will have spent in Costa Rica: 350
# of host families: 3
# of students taught: 36
# of bus strikes: 3
# of bus rides: about 150
# of times I had to get off the bus and walk: about 25
# of near-death experiences on the bus: a solid 40
# of new English classrooms built: 1/2 (Still no floor or insulation.)
# of books read: 29. seriously.
# of bug bites I currently have: 2 (an all-time low for the year!)
# of blog entries: 27 (You have some major catching up to do Tori.)
# of photos taken: 452 (not bad for not having a camera for half of the year)
# of "family members" I have met: 50 something
# of ant infestations: 3
# of drawings or letters received from my host sister: 23
# of people I still cannot understand in Spanish: 2
# of kisses from kids: upwards of 1000
# of kids who failed English: 0!
# of bugs I am still afraid of: 0
# of snakes I am still afraid of: all
# of birthday parties attended: 6
# of funerals attended: 2
# of 1st Communions attended: 2
# of cafecitos: about 350
# of reasons I'm glad I came: countless
Monday, December 14, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment