Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Orosi

Orosi

Things have gotten busy in the last few orientation days in Orosi. Every morning we have three hours of Spanish classes. By the end of them, my brain is usually fried. Then we have lectures on everything from insurance to teaching methods. Then I normally go home and spend another hour or so on Spanish homework and then some time playing ¨Go Fish¨ with Yeselyn and Spiderman with Antony. If I can make it till 10 before going to bed, I consider it an accomplishment.

Things with my family are going well. So far I have only been served one thing that I don´t like....chicharrones, aka fried pig skin. The kids have been helping by correcting my accent when I read them Spanish children´s books. Since they are on summer vacation right now, they are always home and ALWAYS want to play. It´s fun, but sometimes I just have to shut myself in my room for a little peace and quiet. Inevitably, I will see little hands squeezing under the door and then hear Yesenia, the mom, yelling at them to leave me alone. Here´s some pictures of them so you can get an idea...Hopefully I will be able to post more photos and a video of ¨Spiderman time¨on my photobucket site soon!

Playing with the kiddos


Yeselyn, 6

Jose, 10


Antony, 4 in my sunglasses







3 comments:

  1. Oh Kelsey!
    The photos are GREAT!
    Thank you so much for posting them....
    Fried pig skin? Hummmm.
    Love you
    Mom
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great pics Kelsey!! Love the sunglasses! Your view is absolutely gorgeous.
    Miss you.

    Aunt Laura

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hahaha, might want to invest in a new pair of sunglasses...I don't think you're getting the old pair back. And you owe me a phone call.

    ReplyDelete